Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Exam fever ?? What exam fever ???

Its the sixth sem mechanical engineering exam... and I'm sittin and ritin my first blog! I dont know whether its cos im in a "Mech" class or whether its the fact that I've written more exams in three years of engineering than what i probably have written in the rest of my life ! Nowadays exams have lost the "appeal" (for lack of a better term" that they used to have.

I guess thats cos of a combination of the above said reasons. Three years in a guys only class with 60 testosterone powered freaks of nature must take its toll after a while... Nowadays i do most of my exam preparation during the bus ride from my house to my college ... and guess what ... thats more than enough ... I have statistics to prove it as well. In my S3, i worked my ass off and i managed just 358 sessional marks and a total of 888 in the universities. But in S5 .. i never sat in class, did not study for my series tests, and definitely did not prepare much for the universities ( A subject called Metallurgy and material science i studied 3/4 of a module and I asked my friends to tell me the important stuff from the other 2 modules in short and I converted their 2 senteces into 15 and wrote in the answer sheet !!) and that sem I got 371 sessionals and a total of 895 marks in the universities !! That was sweet. Thats when I made my fine discovery .. Marks are inversely proportional to hard work when it comes to Kerala University examinations.

And so I guess I'll just laze my way past these exams as well. There will be plenty more to come after all.. During my last series tests I sat and counted the number of examinations I had written after getting into engineering and currently it stands at a staggering 108 !!!! Can you imagine writing 108 exams in 3 years ??? Thats 36 exams a year on average !!! It'll be amazing if there is any one left who dosent loathe examinations !!!

So I guess that leaves me with two options .... Study for tomorrow or dont ...hmm ... do study or not to study .... we'll i guess I'll try . .. not that its gonna do any good, because the subject I have tomorrow sucks and the textbooks suck more !!! So I guess I'm in for a ride tomorrow from 9:30 till 12:30 .. aaah .. 3 hours at staring at others and telling them how screwed I am !!

3 comments:

Abhi said...

dai, i totaly agree wth u dude, exams make lyf miserable. They come as tensioning agents initially then one gets used to it.

But i dnt agree to the fact tht wthout studies u can pass, else why shd i get supplies for 3 papers of wch 2 i was sure to get 60+(read my old post if u forgot)

Anyways nice tht u started bloggin

Anonymous said...

read all your posts...and hell, what do i say...to think i was actually labouring under the delusion that you guys were macho royalty...
well, you just about throttled my last illusion...i mean, my very last one...
i'm devastated....

Abhishek Gorai said...

Exam needs no introduction. It means means bad news to almost everybody. Read how a sudden urge to study sweeps past our little hostel room during exams...