Friday, June 02, 2006

The Da Vinci Bored. ...

Yea ... so today had a stupid exams and so a couple of friends and I decided to go watch the much hyped about movie " The Da Vinci Code" . I was thinkin that we would be the only engineering students there since the exams were still going on. But I was proved wrong !! Almost 70% of the viewers were engineering students ! Thats what makes us engineers so different from the rest.!!

Anyways as for the movie .... please dont waste your money on it. Read the book. The movie is a drag !!! It isnt even a fraction as interesting as the book. There is no thrill and no sense of excitement during the movie. The movie isnt worth the great actors that play the parts.
Tom Hanks .. who I consider one of the greatest actors , seems uninterested and lacks any emotions and expressions during the movie. I would have preffered to see Nicholas Cage in the role of Dr. Langdon. The girl was cute. Jean Reno got a crappy role for his immense talent. And Ian McKellen wasnt that great as Leigh Teabing either. The only outstanding performance for me was Paul Bettany as Silas. For everyone else, it was a waste of their acting genius.

I might have found the movie so dull because I read the book before watching the movie... There were only a few scenes that were real good for me .. like when they show Sophie's parents Car crash and when Silas attacks Langdon in Teabing's house. I also like the very last scence. The rest was a damp squib. The special effects were good and it ended there. The first 45 minutes seems rushed through, and we never get a chance to connect with the characters. Bad directing job altogeher. So you can watch this movie if you want to see some magnificent old buildings and brilliant churches. But otherwise NO.!!

So my reccomendation would be to save the money to watch X3 or Pirates of the caribbean : dead man's chest. .. Or if you are hell bent on watching an adventure that involves clue solving and discovering historical artifacts .. then go rent National Treasure.

2 comments:

Abhi said...

Dnt knw why, but i did like the movie, except for the last part where it just kept on draggin lik anythin. And i did know wat wd happen in the end coz i had read the book. So i was surprised when no one howled whn Prof Langdon(Hanks) revealed the secret of the millenium. I was expectin a Big one from the tvm crowd.

InfJunkie said...

But POTC:dead man's chest aint released yet, rt? (me bein' a huge depp fanatic and all :D)