Thursday, October 29, 2009

And I'm back

It’s been a while ... if a year and a half can be called a while!


Why the sudden return you ask? (And I’m asking and answering this question because I know the imaginary followers of mine who I have conjured up to justify to myself that returning from my blog retirement is worth the effort, who eagerly await my next post, even for a over a year, will surely ask this question). Well, some of my friends are regular bloggers, and that again inspired the part-time writer in me (and by part-time, I mean once a year. And I say one year and not 1.5 because in November last year, I started another short-lived blog elsewhere) to blog once again. Plus, Veda, who’s like a kid sis to me, has been begging and pleading with me to start blogging again. (@ Veda: I know you just mentioned it offhand once or twice that I should perhaps blog more often, but let’s imagine you begged and pleaded with me. Our little secret!).

And hence, I visited my blog, and ended up reading some of my old posts. Like I’ve said before, this blog was meant to be a diary of sorts; for me to look back on and smile about. And in that sense, it has been a success.

Getting into IIM-A had seemed like such a giant achievement at that point of time. I’ve told a couple of people this, but before we got into IIM-A, it seemed like the greatest achievement possible. But once we entered those gates, and were ground into the system and IIM-A became WIMWI for us, it felt surprisingly normal. I look back at my posts retelling my entire CAT story and smile at how my perspective has changed.

Sure, getting in has changed my life in more ways than one. [And one more significant than all, more than the huge impetus I hope it lends my career {hope being the keyword here (I notice my school mathematics classes coming into use right here …Round brackets within curly brackets within square brackets.i.e’[{(_)}]. The correct ordering of brackets within an equation. I feel proud of myself! See, this blog is informative as well!)}. But that is a matter for another post, which I may or may-not eventually feel the inspiration to write.] But now all that seems a thing of the past. A part of my life that has gone by. Something I failed to enjoy as much as I could have…

But I’ve started to realize that this is how I feel about anything that was good in my life. ‘I could have done more!’

So I think, will I spend my entire life in eternal regret of what has gone by? Do I make a conscious effort to make the most out of every single day of my life? I could make a promise to do that, but I know I will fail in that attempt.

But what I can attempt to do, is write about stuff that happened in my life, that played a significant role in making me what I am. The people I’ve known, the places I’ve been, the sports I’ve played, the songs I’ve loved, and the ones I love.

So this entire post has played out in my mind as a press conference I’ve just called for, with the crowds thronging (the above mentioned imaginary readers) and cameras flashing, and mikes pointed at my face. (You may think … Really? Is he that zonked out? A press conference for a blog revival? To you I say, believe in Aaj Tak my friend.!)

So at the end of this aforementioned press conference I have just one thing to say… “I am Iron Man!”





P.S. : I just told one of my closest friends I was going to start blogging again, and when he asked why, I said “It felt nice to read my old posts again.”

And so I guess, that’s a major reason why I’m planning on writing again.

2 comments:

Nagadarsan said...

Interesting :)

"I could have done more" is an overrated feeling, so screw that!

Veda said...

:) Welcome Back fatarse! Dont drift again though..Ask AT baby to start writing as well...